What We Do
Your gift today can make all the difference to a poverty stricken family as they strive for a future where they can provide for themselves and their children.
Be part of changing lives everyday of the year! You can help transform poor rural committees, one household at time, with this easy and affordable giving option.
Give a goat, seeds or clean water to a vulnerable family through our alternative gift giving catalogue – Gifts That Matter change lives in remarkable ways.
CHF's brand is optimistic, hopeful, empowering and pragmatic. We take a different view, seeing assets instead of liabilities, opportunities instead of scarcity, and power instead of helplessness.
Canadian Hunger Foundation in a Nutshell
- For 51 years, the Canadian Hunger Foundation has empowered the world's poorest families to increase their incomes and to sustainably produce enough nutritious food to meet their needs. Building up incomes and food security leads to healthier, more resilient families that are better equipped to lift themselves out of poverty.
- We focus on rural areas, supporting farmers—particularly women—with key assets like tools, livestock and seeds. We then help them to use these assets most effectively.
- We're a homegrown, Canadian non-profit, and we're seeing unprecedented growth, with 6 new projects totaling $56.65 million in the last 2 years. This means we will be able to help more people than ever before.
- We have worked in over 50 countries in Asia, Africa and the Americas, and are currently running 12 projects in 15 countries that support over 450,000 people and their communities.
- CHF ensures the success of our projects by seeking out the strengths within a community, and building on them.
- We work closely with communities to design our projects, to ensure that they are the architects of their own development, and that the improvements we build together will last.
- For the same reasons, we work through local partner organizations. They know the people and the environment and make communities stronger for the long-term.
- We focus on: improving food security; promoting gender equality; climate change adaptation; disaster risk management; market-led development; and maternal, newborn and child health.
BANG FOR BUCK
- We keep our overhead low. We spend less than 9 cents on the dollar on admin. Our average annual budget is approximately $20 million.
- All of our projects have at least a 3-to-1 match due to the support of large funders like CIDA. Some projects have a match as high as 19-to-1. In projects like this, for every $10,000 donated, CHF can invest $200,000 in some of the world's poorest communities.
When choosing photos and content for use in CHF publications please:
- Always present the subject with dignity
- Present a positive image of hope and empowerment
- Frequently represent a beneficiary involved in a livelihood activity
- Recognize the innate skills, knowledge and resources of beneficiaries
Right click on the links below and choose "save target as" to download the CHF logo in the format you wish.
GIF or JPG files are best for Web or on-screen use. A GIF is more effective for illustrations such as the CHF logo; JPG are more often used for colour photos.
EPS or AI formats are supported by most programs and always renders the highest quality. EPS were designed for printing. They are the top choice for high-resolution printing of logos.
|Download colour version|
|WEB||JPG small||JPG large|
|VECTOR (Black and White)||EPS|
|VECTOR (White)||PNG||(preview not available)|
|chf.ca logo||JPG small||JPG large||(preview not available)|
If you are adding colour to your document, CHF's PMS colours are PMS323 and PMS465. PMS equivalents:
PMS 323 (teal):100C 0M 38Y 47K / 0R 90G 91B / html #005A5B
PMS 465 (beige): 20C 32M 58Y 0K / 211R 175G 126B / html #CFAB7A
The CIDA logo should be included on any documentation describing a program or project funded by CIDA. Despite the recent merger with DFAIT, we will continue recognizing CIDA until further notice.
The following text must be used in conjunction with the CIDA logo:
CHF programs are undertaken with the financial support of the Government of Canada provided through the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA).
|CIDA - Canadian International Development Agency|
|Download Entire Package|
Right click on the links below and choose "save target as" to download.
|Business Cards||AI||PDF (editable PDF)|
|Envelopes||AI||PDF (editable PDF)|
|Letter Head||AI||PDF (editable PDF)|
|PowerPoint Presentations -NEW PPTs!|
|Click here to download entire package (will be redirected to Dropbox)|
Email Signature template:
First Name Last Name
Canadian Hunger Foundation (CHF)
To view CHF's video, please click on the link below:
Downloadable versions (.FLV and .mp4): Click on the link below to download the CHF Corporate Video in the format you wish: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bhw5es1ruxq5h5c/d6xdtXJLRf
Thank you for visiting CHF's web site. Privacy is a very important issue to CHF. Please read the following to learn more about CHF's commitment to protecting the personal information of our visitors. The information we collect about you during your online visit are summarized below.
Cookies: Like most web sites, CHF uses small pieces of information called "cookies" that are stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies let us "remember" information about your preferences and allow you to move within areas of our site fast and easily. These cookies contain anonymous, non-personal information.
Information about your visit: In order to improve your visits to our web site and determine what information visitors access most frequently, we may track statistics such as IP address, browser type, domain name, access times and referring web site addresses. However, no personal information is collected.
Third-party sites: This site contains links to external web sites. CHF is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any third-party Web site.
Personal information: The only personal information collected by CHF through this website is information which is submitted to us voluntarily and knowingly by site visitors. When you simply browse the site, no personal information is being collected.
Registering of E-bulletin or Contests: Some services offered through our site require that you provide certain personal information; for example, when you sign up for our e-bulletin, enter a contest or request information. Any such information provided, including e-mail or postal address, will be utilized only for the purpose expressed on the give registration page. We do not share or sell any of this information with other companies.
Donating Online: From time to time, CHF makes our donor names available to other charitable organizations that may be of interest to you. If you do not want your name to be made available, you can select this option directly on the donor form. You can also contact us at email@example.com to let us know that you do not want your name made available to other charitable organizations